Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

Day the First, or, "Was I not supposed to put milk in that?"

We got off on a great foot this morning. Hubby and I both put milk and sugar in our coffees. Whoops. And I usually drink mine black. So, let's pretend the experiment started at 9:00 AM today.

Monday Weigh-in. Week One.
CaveMom: 131 lbs
CaveDad: 258 lbs
CaveMan: 26 lbs

Breakfast:
Eggs and bacon. Yes, they were fried. No, I did not use butter. I used bacon grease, and it was simply delightful.

Lunch:
Cold rotisserie chicken, Honeydew melon, and bananas.

Dinner:
I'll just say it right now - the grill hates me. We have a charcoal grill, and I don't think I have ever made it through a meal without battling "instant light" briquettes that refuse to instantly light, or having a problem getting the grill hot enough.

Today was another of those nights. I ended up building a fire with grass and sticks, and cooking over that. Eph you, charcoal. I think Grok would be proud.

Grilled catfish fillets

Grilled zucchini

Spinach and baby greens salad, with strawberries, raw sunflower seeds, and balsamic/grapeseed oil vinaigrette.

CaveMan loved the fish, but had a rough time with the vegetables. After dinner, I threw together a smoothie of apple juice, strawberries, and hemp milk. He sucked that right down. I think we might be drinking a lot of smoothies around here.


***********************


Check out the Vegan vs. Paleo-Man showdown, backstage @ The Colbert Report!

Worth the click, for a good laugh.

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love that your cooking over an open fire to boot. I wish our meals werent so dictated by our budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part is that everything I'm making will come at a budget of about $100 a week, apart from a couple of initial investments like a couple of pounds of raw honey, and a new bottle of EVOO.
    The fish, for example, were on super-sale. I got both fillets for $4. I have one bag of bay scallops that will easily make four or five meals, and that was $10. You *can* do seafood inexpensively!

    ReplyDelete